Write the first review for this product!
(You may be asket to sign in to leave a review)Add your Review
Turkish coffee as reinvented for the modern coffee drinker. Inspired by a taste for bright Italian espresso and a love of tradition, Mozaik is a whole new journey of discovery for the tastebuds. Under a luscious crema, Mozaik offers sumptuous roasted nut and red berry aromas, with a buttery smooth palate showing hazelnut, cranberry and tangy citrus notes.
To master the art of Turkish coffee is to become part of a tradition that dates back over 500 years. The good news is, it's easy. There are just a few things to remember:
- Turkish coffee is not filtered and the grounds are served in the cup along with the coffee, settling at the bottom and enriching the drink.
- Turkish coffee is always served black.
- If you take sugar in your coffee, you need to add it at the start of the brew as you can't stir Turkish coffee once it's served.
Not suitable for cafetiere, filter or espresso machines.
Making Turkish Coffee
What you need:
- Fine Turkish coffee - around 7g (or 1 heaped teaspoon).
- Water at room temperature, ideally filtered or bottled, around 70ml (or 1 Turkish coffee cupful)
- A small pot or a milk pan (or if you have a Turkish coffee pot).
Steps to follow:
- Add the coffee (and sugar if you take it) to the pot along with the water, place over a medium heat and stir gently to combine the ingredients. Now leave it to brew undisturbed.
- Watch the coffee carefully to ensure it doesn't boil. What you're looking for is the moment just before boiling when the foam starts to rise at the edges. As soon as this happens, lift the pot away from the heat and carefully pour or spoon the froth into your cup.
- Place the pot back on the heat and watch for the foam to rise again, immediately lifting it away from the heat when it does. Pour the contents into your cup, taking care to maintain the foam as it rises to the top. Remember, with Turkish coffee a creamy foam on top is a sign of quality.
Allow your coffee to settle and cool a little in the cup before drinking, and enjoy it with a glass of water and something sweet on the side, traditionally Turkish delight. Afiyet olsun!
Produced by: Özerlat
Store in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight. Once opened, store in an air-tight container to keep fresh.
Country of Origin
Özerlat offers the following delivery options:
Standard: £5.00 PER ORDER from Özerlat
We currently only support orders for UK mainland addresses.
100% Arabica beans
|Typical value||Per serving (80)||Per 100|
|Energy Content (kj)||3||8|
|Energy Content (kcal)||2||2|
|- of which saturates (g)||0||0|
|- of which sugars (g)||0||0|