Work With Us!
We are an exciting e-commerce food start up on a mission to help foodies find high quality food and drinks that you wouldn’t be able to find at your average supermarket.
TheFoodMarket.com is home to over 300+ small food and drink businesses with products from the UK and beyond. The team here are passionate about food. We care about how food is made, where the ingredients come from and the people behind the products. If this sounds like something you’d love to be a part of, take a look at our list of open vacancies we’re hiring for below.
If you have any questions please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customer & Merchant Support Assistant
Do you love helping people? Would you like to make customers happy this Christmas shopping period by providing them info on beautiful products, tracking orders and ensuring they’ll want to come back and shop with us again? Then this could be the ideal role for you! We’re looking for someone to help our friendly team from now until January (with potential to extend) supporting customers, and some of the small businesses we work with too. You’ll need to have excellent written and verbal communication skills (including near-perfect spelling, grammar and punctuation), be able and willing to deal with a wide variety of customer queries and demonstrate a cool head in the event of a cheese shortage crisis!
We’re a start up and a small team, so we may get you involved in other areas too, and candidates must be willing to pitch in where needed, as we all do in the team. You may, for example, be asked to get involved in creating articles for our website, helping at a pop up, or with more in-depth support of the small businesses selling on our platform.
The communication channels will be email, live chat, phone and occasionally direct messages on social media, and we’re happy for you to work remotely to manage these channels.
This role is ideally suited to those who:
- Genuinely enjoy dealing with the public.
- Can empathise with customers raising queries with us.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Are highly productive working remotely and can avoid non-work distractions during working hours (and have done this before).
This role is not suited to those who:
- Believe working remotely/from home means an opportunity to use working hours to not actually work.
- Haven’t dealt with the public before in a previous role.
- Lack organisational skills.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Be available on live chat, phone and email during working hours (except for 1 hour lunch) to answer and resolve customer queries.
- Use our customer support software (we will train you) to manage and log activity on customer queries.
- Work with our merchants (small producers) in the course of resolving customer queries.
- Help to ensure our online support info for customers is accurate, comprehensive and used by customers.
- Provide feedback to the team on how we could improve our processes, user experience or anything really! Your input would be valued.
- Support the wider team as needed with other matters, such as requesting content from our merchants or other third parties.
- Depending on skill levels, we would be happy to involve you in other areas of the business, where time allows.
Knowledge and experience - essential:
- Experience dealing with the public/customers in a previous role, however short.
- High level of commercial awareness.
- Basic experience with email.
- Likes online shopping.
- Passion for high quality food!
Knowledge and experience - desirable:
- Experience with a startup or early-stage brand.
- Experience with customer service software, such as Zendesk, Intercom or Hubspot.
- Basic HTML.
- Experience with website content management systems.
Skills - essential:
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
- Excellent communication skills (including first-rate English spelling, grammar and punctuation) with ability to present information verbally in writing to a wide range of audiences, including merchants and customers.
- Ability to learn new tools quickly and effectively.
- Very good attention to detail.
- Flexible approach and able to respond to changing priorities.
- Commitment to continuous development of our website, company and customer support approach.
Skills - desirable:
- Committed to ongoing personal and role development.
- Additional European language skills.
- Location: Remote
- Start date: Immediate
- Hours: Full-time
- Application deadline: 16th October 2019
Interested? We’d love to hear from you! To apply: please send your CV and a brief covering email mentioning reference ‘CS WEB’ to email@example.com.