Write the first review for this product!
(You may be asket to sign in to leave a review)Add your Review
Kukicha is quite different from other green teas as it is made from the stems and stalks of the tea plant after our Sencha has been processed. Low in caffeine and with a distinctive nutty flavour. Popular with followers of a macrobiotic diet. Rich in vitamins and minerals especially calcium; it is an alkalizing drink that helps with digestion. Can be taken both hot and cold and a great breakfast drink to start the day.
How to make
- High quality first flush Japanese organic Kukicha loose leaf green tea.
- Low in caffeine, high in calcium.
- Naturally alkaline tea that aids digestion.
- JAS/ECOCERT organic certification.
- Prepared from twigs and stalks left over from our Sencha production.
- Vacuum-sealed to keep the tea in prime condition.
- Small batches ordered regularly to ensure freshness.
- Blended by the winner of the All-Japan Tea Olympics.
- Fast efficient shipping from Japan.
- Prepared and shipped to us on the same day as we order.
- Grown at 400-600m above sea level in the natural Southern Alps mountain range. Perfect conditions for organic tea production.
- We specialise only in high grade Japanese green teas.
- Most of our Japanese green teas come from a single estate organic co-operative.
- Add 4g (0.14 oz. = 1 heaped tsp.) of tea per 1 cup.
- Pour the boiling water into the teacups and allow to cool (75 - 85°C) before pouring into the teapot.
- Infuse for 20-40 seconds before pouring gently and slowly into the teacups a little at a time. Shake out the last drops from the teapot as they have the richest flavour.
For an authentic Japanese taste soft water is highly recommended. Experiment with the Leaf-To-Water ratio to find your preferred taste.
Produced by: Ocha & Co.
Store in an airtight container in a cool location away from direct heat and sunlight.
Country of Origin
Ocha & Co. offers the following delivery options:
We currently only support orders for UK mainland addresses.
100% Japanese Green Tea
|Typical value||Per serving (100g)||Per 100g|
|Energy Content (kj)||–||0|
|Energy Content (kcal)||–||0|
|- of which saturates (g)||–||0|
|- of which mono-unsaturates (g)||–||0|
|- of which polyunsaturates (g)||–||0|
|- of which sugars (g)||–||0|