Write the first review for this product!
(You may be asket to sign in to leave a review)Add your Review
Japan is famous for its green tea but there is also a small production of black tea too, virtually unheard of in the west. Our organic black tea has a limited production of about 40kg per year. The tea is made from young handpicked leaves from a Yakubita cultivar which is grown in the same organic production area as our other green teas. It's black but totally different from the black teas that you are most probably used to. Handpicked young leaves. Fragrant, mild, smooth with low astringency. High quality Japanese organic black loose leaf tea.
How to make
- JAS/ECOCERT organic certification.
- Small batches ordered regularly to ensure freshness.
- Blended by the winner of the All-Japan Tea Olympics.
- Fast efficient shipping from Japan.
- Prepared and shipped to us on the same day as we order.
- Grown at 400-600m above sea level in the natural Southern Alps mountain range. Perfect conditions for organic tea production.
- We specialise only in high grade Japanese teas.
- Most of our Japanese green teas come from a single estate organic co-operative.
- Add 4g (0.14 oz. = 1 heaped tsp.) of tea per 1 cup (200ml).
- Pour the boiling water into a teacup or container and allow to cool to (100°C) before pouring into the teapot.
- Infuse for 120 - 180 seconds before pouring gently and slowly into the teacups a little tea at a time. Shake out the last drops from the teapot as they have the richest flavour.
Produced by: Ocha & Co.
Store in an airtight container in a cool location away from direct heat and sunlight.
Country of Origin
Ocha & Co. offers the following delivery options:
We currently only support orders for UK mainland addresses.
100% Japanese Black Tea
|Typical value||Per serving (100g)||Per 100g|
|Energy Content (kj)||–||0|
|Energy Content (kcal)||–||0|
|- of which saturates (g)||–||0|
|- of which mono-unsaturates (g)||–||0|
|- of which polyunsaturates (g)||–||0|
|- of which sugars (g)||–||0|