TheFoodMarket.com

Mendocino Carignane California Red Wine

Mendocino Carignane California Red Wine

Made by: Calder Wine Company

Sold by: Nekter Wines

Country of Origin: United States

£44.51

Courier: £4.99 per order with Nekter Wines

Qty:

    No Artificial Colourings

    No Artificial Sweeteners

    Recyclable Packaging

    No Artificial Ingredients

    No Artificial Preservatives

    Trending in Red Wine

    Write the first review for this product!

    (You may be asket to sign in to leave a review)

    Add your Review

    Description

    The two different sites bring wonderful complimentary taste characteristics - the Rovera vineyard's small bunches of grapes provide fantastic intensity and acidic backbone, whilst the gravelly Cemetery site provides more lifted aromatics and bright fruit. The palate is rich and generous, with an intensely savory edge to the fruit: blackberry and raspberry aromas, with stones, smoke, celery salt and and wild herbs.

    Vinification: Fruit sourced from two organic sites in Mendocino. 80% fruit came from the Rovera vineyard, planted in 1942 on sandy-quartz soils, and the remaining 20% came from the Cemetery vineyard; a dry farmed site planted in 1954 on gravelly soils. The fruit was vinified according to site. All fruit was de-stemmed, and fermented spontaneously, with fermentation lasting about 12 days, with regular punch downs. Two new barrels were selected for the 15 month ageing period, the rest were neutral oak. Blended in March 2017, the wine underwent light filtration on bottling.
    Region: Mendocino
    ABV: 14.5
    75cl

    About the producer
    Rory Williams of Calder Wine Company comes from true wine royalty. His father is the owner-winemaker of Frogs Leap, whilst his mother founded Tres Sabores. When not working in the vineyards at Frog's Leap, Rory makes a small quantity of wine under his own label, Calder, using cultivars that have a long history in the place where he was born, honouring the sites, his winemaking idols, and what makes Napa, Napa. Rory wants his wines to relay the history and tradition of this extraordinary region. Having seen the success at both estates with organic and dry land farming, Rory sought out parcels of vines that tick these boxes, as well as them each having the advantage of age.

    Note: You will be sent the current vintage available. If you are seeking a specific vintage, please get in contact with us before placing your order.

    You must be at least 18 years old to purchase this product. By purchasing, you are confirming you are at least 18 years old. Please see our full terms and conditions here.

    Producer

    Produced by: Calder Wine Company

    Storage

    Keep somewhere cool and dry

    Country of Origin

    United States

    Delivery

    Nekter Wines offers the following delivery options:
    Courier: £4.99 PER ORDER from Nekter Wines

    Please note:
    We currently only support orders for UK mainland addresses.

    Ingredients

    Carignan

    Nutrition

    Typical valuePer serving (1.5kg)Per 100

    Press & Awards

    Shop with confidence

    • Secure website
    • Fast checkout
    • Visa
    • Mastercard
    • American Express
    • Paypal

    Learn more about secure payment