Write the first review for this product!
(You may be asket to sign in to leave a review)Add your Review
This is our highest grade Matcha that we regularly sell and the only tea that does not come from our main production area in Shizuoka, but from the traditional home of the Japanese tea ceremony in Kyoto. Our Kyoto Uji Matcha is a mellow and refined premium traditional Japanese shade-grown Matcha taken from a 100% Okumidori cultivar and stone-milled in the traditional way. We do not label this a 'ceremonial Matcha' as that is not a concept that you really find in Japan. It is our best quality and great value at this price.
How to make
- Authentic Kyoto Uji Japanese Matcha from the spiritual home of the tea ceremony.
- Resealable pouch containing 50g of high quality Matcha.
- Smooth and mild, with none of the bitterness found with inferior quality Matcha.
- Our best quality. Great value for a 100% Japanese Matcha of this standard.
- The Tencha used to make this tea is reserved for us in the Spring and placed in cold-storage for use throughout the year.
- 100% natural taken from first flush young green leaves, stone-milled in the traditional way.
- Small batches, freshly prepared and shipped to us on the same day as we order.
- Blended for us by the winner of the All-Japan Tea Olympics.
- Fast efficient shipping from Japan.
- We specialise only in high grade Japanese green teas
Add the powder to a Matcha bowl or Chasen. Initially add a small amount of water to the Matcha and whisk until you have a smooth paste without any lumps. Gradually add the remaining water to the bowl and whisk in a W shape from left to right and then right to left until the top of the drink has a covering of fine bubbles.
Tea type: Matcha
Water amount: 200ml
Amount: 1.5-2g (2 heaped teaspoons)
Produced by: Ocha & Co.
Store in an airtight container in a cool location away from direct heat and sunlight.
Country of Origin
Ocha & Co. offers the following delivery options:
We currently only support orders for UK mainland addresses.
100% Japanese Green Tea
|Typical value||Per serving (100g)||Per 100g|
|Energy Content (kj)||–||0|
|Energy Content (kcal)||–||0|
|- of which saturates (g)||–||0|
|- of which mono-unsaturates (g)||–||0|
|- of which polyunsaturates (g)||–||0|
|- of which sugars (g)||–||0|