Your morning ritual with a gut twist! Indulge in our smooth and fragrant breakfast blend containing 1 billion taste-free cultures per tea bag. It has never been easier to include gut beneficial cultures in your daily routine. Lab-tested and backed by science. A new generation of functional teas!
Benefits of Drinking Our Tea
Studies are based on 1 cup of cultured tea consumed daily.
- Improved digestive health by re-balancing gut microbiome
Enhanced immunity health
Reduce symptoms of IBS, abdominal pain & bloating
Increased protein & nutrient utilisation.
Reduced anxiety & depression symptoms
Improve skin conditions such as acne & eczema
What Are Cultures?
Culture also known as probiotics are 'good' bacteria that when ingested in adequate amounts help support overall health. Not all cultures are the same. The most common culture types that comprise the majority of bacteria with recognised cultured activity: Lactobacillus, Bifidobacteria and Bacillus. Lactobacillus, Bifidobacteria are not particularly resistant to high heat and tend to be sensitive to the extremes of acid and alkaline conditions. Studies show that most bacteria are quickly killed before reaching the gut. Bacillus is however a spore-forming cultures which is perfect for our cultured tea.
How Does Cultured Tea Work?
As mentioned Bacillus is a spore-forming culture which means that it's designed by nature to survive even the toughest conditions. With a natural occurring coat it can survive both boiling and stomach acid. The protective 'shell' only breaks when in the perfect condition - the gut. Like a plant seed-it is dormant and won't grow until there is the right temperature, moisture and food source.
Purpose Foods cultured teas have been lab tested in a highest standard testing facility in USA to ensure 1 billion cultures survive the brewing process.
Purpose Foods culture (Bacillus coagulans GBI-30, 6086) has long-term safety data and over 25 published papers demonstrating its digestive health, immune health and protein utilisation benefits.
For digestive health;
For immune health;
- Anaya-Loyola MA, Enciso-Moreno JA, Lopez-Ramos JE, Garcia-Marin G, Orozco Alvarez MY, Vega-Garcai AM, Mosqueda J, Garcia-Gutierrez DG, Keller D, Perez-Ramirez IF. Bacillus coagulans GBI-30, 6086 decreases upper respiratory and gastrointestinal tract symptoms in healthy Mexican scholar-aged children by modulating immune-related proteins. (2019)
- Kimmel M, Keller D, Farmer S, Warrino DE. A Controlled Clinical Trial to Evaluate the Effect of GanedenBC30 on Immunological Markers Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 2010;32:129-32
- Keller D, Van Dinter R, Cash H, Farmer S, Venema K Bacillus coagulans GBI-30, 6086 increases plant protein digestion in a dynamic, computer-controlled in vitro model of the small intestine Benef Microbes 2017:1-6)
- Jäger R, Shields KA, Lowery RP, et al. Probiotic Bacillus coagulans GBI-30, 6086 reduces exercise-induced muscle damage and increases recovery PeerJ 2016;4:e2276
- Maathuis AJ, Keller D, Farmer S, Gepner Y, Hoffman JR, Shemesh E, et al. Survival and metabolic activity of the GanedenBC30 strain of Bacillus coagulans in a dynamic in vitro model of the stomach and small intestine. Benef Microbes 2010;1:31-6
- Gepner Y, Hoffman JR, Shemesh E, et al. The Combined Effect of Bacillus Coagulans GBI-30, 6086 and HMB Supplementation on Muscle Integrity and Cytokine Response during Intense Military Training. J Appl Physiol 2017:jap 01116 2016